ABOUT THE PROJECT
Cochrane’s Economic Recovery Task Force will collaborate with local business, community organizations and provincial and federal governments to create opportunities to support our local economy.
- Town’s Business Development Manager (lead)
- Finance Manager
- Mayor and two Councillors
- One Cochrane Chamber of Commerce representative
- One Cochrane Tourism representative
- One Business Advisory Network representative
- One Developer Liaison Group representative
- One Rotary Club of Cochrane representative
The Task Force will:
- Monitor, evaluate and manage the sustainability and wellness of the business community.
- Focus on economic relief measures to support Cochranites and local businesses during and after the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Collaborate with other orders of government, the local business community and the community at-large as needed on ways to support local as they rebuild.
- Make recommendations to Administration and Council that will target Town-specific actions to provide an environment poised recovery.
- Coordinate with the Social Task Force to engage with mental health industry for opportunities to support business owners and stakeholders
- Coordinate with the Social Task Force to provide opportunities Social economic development.
- Work with the Emergency Command Centre to coordinate the reopening on non-essential services and large-scale events as directed by Alberta Health Services.
PROVIDE YOUR INPUT
Community involvement and participation in the Economic Recovery Task Force is integral to its success. This project relies heavily on stakeholder involvement to ensure a “made-in-Cochrane” approach to our unique business needs and challenges.
This project is ongoing. Please check back for opportunities to participate.