ABOUT THE PROJECT
Cochrane’s Social Recovery Task Force is collaborating with local support agencies and other levels of government to support municipal staff and our community’s most vulnerable, creating opportunities to enhance well-being, safety and resilience through our community response and recovery.
- Town’s Family and Community Support Services Manager (lead)
- Mayor and one Councillor
- One Affordable Housing representative from FCSS
- One Cochrane Rotary Club representative
- One Helping Hands representative
- One Big Hill Haven representative
- One Cochrane Activettes representative
- One Cochrane Victim Services representative
The Task Force will:
- Conduct environmental scans to identify service gaps and emerging needs.
- Provide advice about social issues and identify priority areas.
- Increase awareness of social issues and the services and resources available for Cochrane residents.
- Build and support networks and systems for all Cochranites.
- Bring together people and agencies supporting residents to collaborate and coordinate response and recovery.
- Advocate for programs and opportunities to support the health and wellness of Cochrane residents.
- Assess funding needs and work with other orders of government on funding supports required for Town and partner services.
- Work collaboratively with the Economic Recovery Task Force.
Social Recovery Task Force achievements
- Aug 25, 2020: Feeling anxious about back to school? Panel discussion
- Sep 29, 2020: Speaker series presentation – Building Community with David Irvine
- Oct 27: Moving from Surviving to Thriving: Managing your Physical and Mental Health
- Nov 17: Constructive Conflict Management with Gary McDougall
- Received grant funding to:
- expand the CARES app
- provide cell phone service plans for clients of Big Hill Haven
- purchase a virtual platform subscription for secure client meetings
- upgrade technology in the FCSS meeting space
- Curating and promoting programs and events that residents CAN do safely; collaborate with neighbourhoods and organizations to deliver safe programs and events.
- Provide front line staff/service providers with access to mental and emotional health resources, services and programs. (in progress)
- Sharing Non-Profit Resources & Grant Opportunities
- June 2020: Completed a public engagement survey and an organization engagement survey
PROVIDE YOUR INPUT
In these difficult times, when everyone’s lives are being affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, you can do something important for your families, friends, neighbours and community. Please take 10 minutes to participate in the Social Recovery Task Force (SRTF) survey. The information gathered will help the task force understand and respond to our community’s needs.
The Economic Recovery Task Force and the Social Recovery Task Force are working together to support residents and local businesses. These survey results may be combined to support the work of both task forces.
Participate in this survey below:
Need to speak to someone?
Call us, we can provide support or connect you with the resources you need!
Cochrane Family & Community Support Services (FCSS)
For after-hours support on evenings and weekends contact:
Some error has occured.