ABOUT THE PROJECT
The Town budget is developed over the summer by Administration and a draft is presented to Council every fall; the draft budget outlines collective goals for short- and long-term priorities that make Cochrane a desirable place to live. The budget is then debated and finalized by Council in December and guides service level decisions for the coming three years.
When planning the budget, the Town estimates how much money will be spent (expenditures) to maintain public services and infrastructure, and how that money that will be generated (revenue) to meet the anticipated expenditures. Once these estimates are made and plans are set, staff develop the budget for Council’s consideration.
PROVIDE YOUR INPUT
The Town’s budget is very important, it determines the level of service provided to Cochrane residents and guides decisions. Help us set our collective goals; your feedback will be used to help guide the development of next year’s budgets.
Survey is open from Apr 19 – May 14, we want to hear from you!
All information and budget documents can be found at: cochrane.ca/Budget.
Some error has occured.
Due to COVID-19, all public engagement will be conducted virtually for this project.
- 2021-2023 Budget – Approved by Council December 14, 2020
- Budget overview presentation (Oct 26, 2020)
- Release: 2021-2023 DRAFT BUDGET FOCUSES ON CORE SERVICES
- Budget infographic 1: overview (PDF)
- Budget infographic 2: allocations and capital projects (PDF)
- Budget infogaphic 3: services supported by property tax dollars (PDF)
- More about 2021 capital projects