ABOUT THE PROJECT
Cochrane is one of the fastest growing municipalities in Alberta, with considerable growth and development over the past decade. This rapid growth presented Cochrane with new and diverse development trends with an ever-increasing level of complexity.
It is important that Cochrane’s Land Use Bylaw (LUB) meets the land use and development needs of our residents while reflecting Cochrane’s unique character.
Cochrane’s current Land Use Bylaw was adopted in 2004. Town Administration initiated a comprehensive review and re-write to ensure it remains current and effective in regulating land uses and development within the Town.
PROVIDE YOUR INPUT
Thank you for participating in our engagement. Our surveys are now closed.
If you have any questions about the project in general, please contact us:
Due to the scope of feedback received on the draft Land Use Bylaw and the importance of this document for future development in Cochrane, the timeline for the project has been revised. The Land Use Bylaw project will now adhere to the following schedule for final review and approval:
- Final draft Land Use Bylaw available for public and stakeholder review- September- December 2021
- Council First Reading- January 2022
- Public Hearings- January-February 2022
- Second and Third Readings (Bylaw Adoption)- February 2022
Thank you to everyone who took the time to complete our surveys to date, and please check back in September for the final draft of the Land Use Bylaw.
Due to COVID-19, public engagement will continue virtually for this project.
The What We Heard Reports summarize the public engagement for this project to date and provides information about your feedback, including issues, concerns and suggestions. These are interim reports to stakeholders for this project.
- What we heard at the Residential Workshop
- What we heard at the Commercial Workshop
- What we heard at the Let’s Talk BBQ and Farmers Market
- What we heard in the Land Use Bylaw Survey
- What we heard in the Phase 3 Public Survey
- What we heard in the Phase 3 Workshop
- What we heard in the Phase 4 Residential Engagement
- Summary of Public Engagement
Town Council has participated in a series of workshops allowing for questions on proposed Land Use Bylaw regulations. View the video footage of these meetings below:
- Workshop #1 (April 8) Admin Section – https://cochraneab.civicweb.net/document/31310?splitscreen=true&media=true
- Workshop #2 (April 15) Residential Related Sections – https://cochraneab.civicweb.net/document/31411?splitscreen=true&media=true
- Workshop #3 (April 21) Non-Residential Related Sections – https://cochraneab.civicweb.net/document/31492?splitscreen=true&media=true
- Workshop #4 (April 27) Parking and the Western Heritage Design Framework – https://cochraneab.civicweb.net/document/31698?splitscreen=true&media=true
- Workshop #5 (May 13) Council’s Questions and Discussion – https://cochraneab.civicweb.net/Portal/MeetingInformation.aspx?Org=Cal&Id=459